Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Wednesday February 6,2008

Happy One Month Birthday to Olivia! Is a month 4 weeks or is it from the 6th of one month the 6th of another? Guess it depends on if you ask Mike or myself. Not seeing our baby is really taking its toll. We both know that is for the best that we stay on the side of caution but it is really, really tough not being able to see her, speak to her and give her our love in person. Dave was the daytime nurse. Not only do Mike and I feel comfortable when she is in his care but I believe Olivia herself responds well to him. (same goes for Rene) They are great at giving her boundries. Hee hee that sounds funny but what I really mean by that is.... they make sure that she is swaddled well....light pressure all the way around in her snuggly. Babies her age find comfort in the "confinement" of being wrapped up or snuggled. Dave's report is that Olivia had a great day. One apnea that she brought herself out of. Swapping off of cpap and canula. Recieved blood. Did well sleeping on her back. Feedings back to 2 hours on 2 hours off w/ the equivalent of (I believe he said) 2cc's. She seemed to tolerate it well but would have to stop while getting blood. Sarah is her evening nurse and will have her until 6:30am Thursday morning. At 10:00pm when I spoke with Sarah she said that Olivia had been having a great night. Her stats were all normal. MAP was 50 but looked to have been most of the day. Sarah is going to work w/ the respitory group and the doctor to keep Olivia on the canula. She shares our thoughts on the cpap vs canula. Olivia's weight this evening is 833 grams. I believe she was at 777 a few nights ago while on canula so that is a significant increase. I thought perhaps it was just due to getting the blood today but her urine output was 4.4 which is considerable and Sarah said could almost be considered negating the increase from the blood. Feeds resumed at 8:00pm and with a small increase. I apologize for how factual these posts have gotten... I am just so pooped when I sit down to write that I want to make sure I remember everything. =-)