Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Girls got style

Hi again. I hope everyone is doing well.
This week we had great time with the NY Melvilles. Grandma, Grandpa, Uncle Dan, Aunt Rachesha, and cousins Yvonna, Joy and Madison came to visit. Thank you for coming down to see us!!!
Olivia is changing so quickly ... we can't make it too long before we all get together again.
Speaking of Olivia's changes....
Tonight she weighed in at 3 pounds 6.5 ounces. The nurse also reduced the temperature of the isolette again. Olivia is doing an excellent job of maintaining and regulating her body temperature. As part of being able to do so .... she is now able to wear clothes!
The nurses are adjusting the amount of iron they give her based on her body weight. Other good news is that her reticulocyte count is just over 5 and her hematocrit is back up to 25 on her own. ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reticulocyte ).
You should scroll back up to see that first picture again. I just love it. She was really listening to everything her Dad was saying...intently. Very sweet to see them together. I would normally take a picture of both of their faces but Mike thinks he has picked up a cold and the mask he was wearing was not as fashionable has her outfit.

3 comments:

Courtney said...

oh my word!!! how adorable. what a GREAT milestone... Olivia-you ROCK!! I am so proud/excited. This is awesome. and did i mention CUTE!!! so happy.
congrats on the new duds babe!!!
love, auntie cc
143

Carye said...

I love it! I love how sweet and soft and cuddly she looks in her little outfit! She is so healthy and strong! I cannot wait to hold her and kiss her and love on her! She is B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L!!!!!!!!!! kisses and hugs! She definitely got style! 143

lynna said...

okay normally I would be advocating to take the clothes OFF ~ let that soft skin show ~ but we are so thrilled that she has hit this milestone AND i don't think we have ever seen someone make clothes look so good! my heart melts to look at you Olivia. 143